Through the Corruption Prevention Approach, the Bureau works with public and private institutions to find ways for improving integrity of people, systems and procedures. Some of the activities undertaken in this approach include:
- Reviewing of systems and procedures to identify corruption and fraud risks and formulate responses to such risks.
- Conducting sensitization workshops to increase level of awareness on corruption issues.
- Conducting training on corruption prevention strategies to empower public and private institutions in the fight against corruption
- Providing technical support to institutions which want to develop Corruption Prevention Strategies such as Corruption Prevention Policies, and Client Service Charters.
- Conducting monitoring of major government programs such as Farm Input Subsidy Program (FISP), and administration of exams by the Malawi National Examination Board.
- Entering into partnership through Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with organizations in the fight against corruption one of which is the Student Christian Organisation of Malawi. Read more