RESOLUTIONS OF THE 12TH SAFAC ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING - 2014 HELD AT MALAIKA BEACH RESORT – MWANZA, TANZANIA 3RD – 6TH NOVEMBER, 2014
After a three day meeting of presentations, discussions and comments, the 12th SAFAC AGM
Members came up with the following 7 resolutions:
- SAFAC Members are urged to pay their annual subscription together with bank charges on time and where necessary the SAFAC Chair should intervene to expedite the follow up of payment of the annual subscriptions of SAFAC Members.
- Philip & Company (Certified Public Accountants) is endorsed to audit the SAFAC Accounts for the year 2014.
- Amendments made in Article 8(2) of the SAFAC Constitution should be incorporated and the same be printed and circulated to members.
- The First Draft of the SAFAC Financial Policies and Procedures Manual was discussed and remains as a ‘working document’. The Second Draft of the Manual be circulated to members for comments and the same be tabled at the 13th SAFAC AGM for consideration and possible adoption.
- Training Committee Chair should contact the African Development Bank for training support to SAFAC Members. Asset recovery should be given priority.
- SAFAC Member Countries are urged to explore the possibility of having a college for training professions on corruption and integrity for their staff.
- SAFAC Members are encouraged to create a networking system among themselves on issues of asset recovery and forfeiture.